1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR23 and wireless network adapter

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by narrod, Mar 6, 2013.

1. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    The HR-23 indicates a good internet connection. I can scan and initiate downloads and they show up in my List. All just sit there with a Pending Download status. Any thoughts on what is wrong? Help most appreciated.

2. dvrblogger

dvrblogger Icon

Jan 11, 2005
    Can you test with a wired connection to see if the problem is wireless ? You can run a long cat 5 or maybe try a powerline adapter if you have access.

3. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    My cable modem/wireless router are installed in the ceiling of my basement. I connect everything via wifi. It would require a 50 foot ethernet cable to try a direct connection. This is a new installation replacing DSL. The DVR was connected via ethernet cable then. My streaming players and blu-ray all connect without a problem. I do have one notebook that won't connect to the cable internet. I really like the increased speed but would like to overcome these roadblocks.

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Have you gone to "More System Info" to check to see if all your network settings are working?

5. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    Thanks for the suggestion. It indicates STB Service Port N/A 301

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Go to "Network Setup" and select "Repeat Network Setup". Follow the instructions. Should correct your network settings and solve your issue.

7. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    I've done that several times. It always confirms internet connection but the problem remains. I'll keep trying.