1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24-100 Audio Dropout

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by badhutx, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Sep 9, 2010 #1 of 11
    badhutx

badhutx AllStar

Sep 27, 2006
    Any ideas what to do about a single channel that the audio constantly drops out on? It seems to happen every 5 minutes or so. KPRC 2 HD Houston is the channel. Seems to be just this one channel for me. My previous satellite company I never noticed this problem. Any ideas would be helpful. Thank you.

2. Sep 9, 2010 #2 of 11
    cdc101

cdc101 Godfather

Jan 8, 2007
    Same with mine on all of my HR's! This has been happening for about 3 months and now the game is unwatchable! Same station (KPRC Channel 2).

3. Sep 9, 2010 #3 of 11
    badhutx

badhutx AllStar

Sep 27, 2006
    I'm glad I am not the only one. The CSR scheduled a tech to my house. Unfortunately I can't stay home until Tuesday. I doubt however a technician is going to be able to fix this.

4. Sep 9, 2010 #4 of 11
    cdc101

cdc101 Godfather

Jan 8, 2007
    It's a broadcast issue. I have a couple of friends that are having the same problems with the audio from KPRC's HD feed. No other issues with any other channels.

5. DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    If the error is coming from the station, you might try contacting a broadcast engineer with the station. (It might take some work to track one down.) In the past, people here have found that to be an effective way to get problems fixed.

If the station is generating the error, they are the ones that can fix it. If something on the DirecTV side is generating the error, the station has the motivation (and the contacts) to get DirecTV to fix it.

6. cdc101

cdc101 Godfather

Jan 8, 2007
    I did the next best thing...I posted 'Fix your HD Audio!!' on their Facebook wall last night. That should get the job done. :D

If it continues, I'll probably try and track one down. Last night was the worst it has been in a while.

7. badhutx

badhutx AllStar

Sep 27, 2006
    I sent an email to the program department. Hopefully that will get someone at the station.

8. badhutx

badhutx AllStar

Sep 27, 2006
    I actually got someone at KPRC. See below. If anyone else is having a problem can you let me know?

Thanks for letting us know about the audio issues you experienced when watching KPRC via DirecTV. We appreciate you taking the time to report this issue to us. We have investigated the matter and found that there was a problem was with equipment used by DirecTV to retransmit our signal to your home. According to DirecTV representatives, the issue has been resolved.

We would appreciate it if you could let us know if you are still experiencing this issue with reception of KPRC's signal via DirecTV. We would also appreciate knowing in the future if the issue returns. Please contact me directly if you find this problem is continuing or returns in the future.

We appreciate your viewership of KPRC Local 2!

Regards,

Michael August
    KPRC-TV Engineering
    PO Box 2222
    Houston, TX 77252
    713-778-4826

9. cdc101

cdc101 Godfather

Jan 8, 2007
    Seems the problem has come back for me as of the last 3 days. I sent their programming dept an email just now letting them know. If I don't hear back from them, I'l call the gentleman in the previous reply.

10. badhutx

badhutx AllStar

Sep 27, 2006
    The KPRC employee told me that Directv is replacing equipment this week. If the problem persist after the 16th he wants someone to contact him again.

11. cdc101

cdc101 Godfather

Jan 8, 2007
    Sounds good...thanks for the reply.