1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hr24-100 slow...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jcr159, Feb 25, 2012.

1. jcr159

jcr159 Mentor

Feb 15, 2010
    Ok, brand new install completed last Wednesday. Slimline SWM dish, 2 HR24-100's fresh outta shrink wrap... Both came with the old blue UI (not sure what firmware) out of box.

Install was smooth and uneventful. PI and CCK installed where the sat line comes in the house off the dish (where the residential gateway sits for my UVerse Internet ). Everything for whole home and on demand was working properly, and the boxes both updated firmware to 059E at about 6:30pm EST that same day.
    Over the next 2 days, we got some Series Links set up, and some recordings on both boxes.

Box 1 is operating great. Very fast in all functions, including MRV playback from the other HR24. Almost tough to tell if the recording is local or remote.

Box 2 on the other hand, is very fast at scrolling, but everything else requires 5+ seconds of patience to determine if the command was received or not.... The box is maybe 25 feet of rg6 from the splitter and PI than Box 1, but I'm pretty sure I'm not near the endpoints of cable length on either box. Figured I'd throw that info in case it matters....

Any ideas to try, or did I possibly get a flaky box? I'm going to try a menu reset after posting this, as I just realized I didn't initiate one yet....

Oh, last thing for what it's worth.... I have used the iPhone app to add a lot/most of my Series Links.....

2. jcr159

jcr159 Mentor

Feb 15, 2010
    Well, after a menu reset and 24+ hours, the response from the slow box is better, but still not as fast as the other hr24.... I guess I'll wait it out a bit longer and try another menu reset if it starts slowing down again to the point of being unusable...

-j