1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24-100 - What happened?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by aubie71, Dec 16, 2012.

1. aubie71

aubie71 Cool Member

May 4, 2010
    I record CBS Sunday Morning every week. Turned the tube on a little earlier this afternoon to watch it. All of my recordings of other shows were gone, probably between 40-60 hours.

The list showed 617 recordings of CBSSM, all today. Clicked on it and it showed a 39 minute partial. Watched that and everything was normal. Must have taken 5 minutes to delete all of them.

There was a thunderstorm in the area about 5:00 AM, but no power outage or spike and all electronics are OK. Did this on both DVR's.

Really chaps my butt.

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Are you using an eSATA drive or just the stock internal drive?

Have you tried a reboot?

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    All that rain might have caused the signal to go out and come back on, but that is an extreme amout of recordings for the same time frame.
    Wow.

4. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I would recommend sending a report and then doing a Menu Restart.

Mike

5. aubie71

aubie71 Cool Member

May 4, 2010
    Using the standard internal drive. Sent the diagnostic report. The key # is 20121216-2183. Rebooted. Seems strange that it did this on both dvr's of course it seems strange that it did it at all.

6. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Did the Menu Restart help at all?

Mike

7. aubie71

aubie71 Cool Member

May 4, 2010
    Nope, nothing changed. Recording now to see if that is ok.

8. azarby

azarby Hall Of Fame

Dec 15, 2006
    Do you have your HRs on an UPS. If not, you should seriously consider it. You don't think you had a poweer problem, but it sure looks like a momentary drop and surge that did you in, especially if both boxes were affected.

9. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    I had a similar issue, where I tried to record a show that was 30 minutes long, but the show was repeated every half hour on the channel. Although I tried to record just one show, it recorded for a straight day and a half before I caught it.

Shows set for KUID were intact; shows not set for KUID were mostly gone. Ever since, I have been setting everything I can't afford to lose, to KUID.

In my case, other than the mistake of continuing to record all night and day, my DVR was doing exactly what I told it to: keep these shows and don't keep those shows.

And that raises the question: were your recordings set for KUID? And were programs deleted even though you still had plenty of space on the HDD?

But in my case as well as in yours (especially since it did it on both DVRs) I think you can chalk this up to a programming typo from DTV. The only protection against their failure to do due diligence is KUID.

10. Blackwing

Blackwing AllStar

Oct 24, 2007
    I have had the same issue with a hr24/100 i now have no programs to manage no history and 100% of space available to record.
    Talked to tech service and they are looking into why this happened , i told them i received an update at 3:32am 12/19/2012 0x62c
    My hr24 is like it was they day the installer put it in. there are no user settings at all.
    Such a shame there is no back up.

11. aubie71

aubie71 Cool Member

May 4, 2010
    Everything was KUID.

12. aubie71

aubie71 Cool Member

May 4, 2010
    Blackwing, sounds like the exact situation I had. My update was 3:somethiing on the 16th.