1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24-100 Will Not Power Up Correctly

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by adamson, Oct 14, 2011.

1. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Florida
    My HR24-100 has a strange problem, its been going on awhile now and unsure if its software related.

It takes 5 times maybe 4 presses of the power button on remote or the power button on front panel to turn on receiver. I have been watching the forums for the issue and see nobody with similar. I'm kinda busy this time of day so if I don't reply back quickly forgive me...lol. 0x4d1 is current firmware.
    TIA

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    If it's both the remote and the front panel, there could be something wrong with the receiver. My first suggestion would be to unplug it for 6 hours and see if the problem just goes away.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    If Stuart's advice doesn't help, then Call DirecTV to request a replacement Receiver/DVR. It's free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan, or within 90-days of installation. Otherwise ~$20 for shipping. Or ~$50 to have a tech come replace it for you.

4. dsw2112

dsw2112 Always Searching

Jun 12, 2009
    I had a similar issue with my HR24-500 about a month ago. I thought it was taking multiple button presses, but it was actually taking about 20 seconds for the DVR to turn "on." Try waiting about 30 seconds, and see what happens. My problem has since disappeared, so I can't say exactly what the issue might have been.

5. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Florida
    I have done the 6 hour power off, right now it powered on ok...I have done some searching online about the issue and there seems to be others with same issue. Furthermore TV apps takes two right arrows to load and then freezes or states there is technical difficulty try again later, also been an issue for some time. My HR24-500 works fine, does not have any of these issues. I have reset remote, reset network config, receiver is connected up ok on all ends in system status.

Looking to replace with another HR24-500, only have this one because it was replaced by Directv because of a lightning strike. Waiting on vendor reply if they have 500's.

Directv Protection Plan people want to send a tech, replace if necessary but another 500 would be hard luck I feel. Refused the service call and ticked due to ignorant tech support. After that call I called again, tech support supervisor this time also said this morning my issues are "KNOWN issues/receiver specific" and yet firmware dates back to August. "They are working on it" bs story also told. Supervisor also recommended no service call and was not sure why other csr at Protection Plan wanted one for this issue.

Refused to offer credit to purchase, if I end protection plan the $10 fee applies as does the service call in June to replace my HR24-500 with the HR24-100.

What ticks me off is the ignorance of Directv, when will these problems be fixed and is it not possible at all. If receiver is junk I would like to know.

6. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I had that same problem on both my 500s. Went away. Gotta have patience with these things.

Rich

7. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    If that six hour unplugged period solved the problem (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't) you're good. If the problems reoccur, get a replacement and if they offer you a tech call, by all means take it. Never hurts to have one of their people on site when you activate the replacement.

I always ask for a truck roll when getting a replacement.

Rich

8. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Sometime tvapps are just wonky. It may not be you.