1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR24-200 connecting to the internet

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by stuntmanjames, Sep 3, 2011.

Tags:
  1. stuntmanjames

stuntmanjames New Member

Sep 3, 2011
    I hate sounding like a complete idiot and I consider myself quite knowledgeable, but I am having some major issues connecting my hr24-200 to my wndr3700 netgear router and I need help.

I have my HR24-200 in my living room. I have the swim going to the deca broadband adapter and ethernet connected to the tii turbo 85 to make it wireless. I can take programs on the dvr and play it on the hd receiver in my bedroom.

in my office is the wndr3700 netgear router. I have the other tii turbo 85 connected to my router.

Everything in my home connects to the internet. I run the setup and the hr24-200 says its connected, but when I run the system test, it comes up saying it cannot find the internet. Any help would be appreciated

2. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    :welcome_s

I think you have your WNDR3700 connected to a DECA broadband adapter.
    And I think you have your HR24 with something connected to the ethernet input?

If those statements are correct, unplug any ethernet connection from your HR24 and reboot it.

HR24's have a built in DECA and you can't have DECA running and the ethernet running together.

Good luck and post back if my reading is incorrect or it doesn't work. A drawing will be most helpful.