1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24-500 No satellite signal detected

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Griff, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Griff

Griff Legend

Sep 24, 2006
    One of our two HR24-500 went on the fritz. Signal strength is good across all transponders and tuners, yet it displays "no satellite signal detected". Have done multiple soft and hard resets. I swapped the two HR24s around and the problem follows the offending unit. I don't understand how the signal strength can be 95-99% yet the same box can't detect a satellite. I have reran sat setup several times. Boot up looks normal, it goes through receiving sat info, then sticks at acquiring guide data. If I bypass that, I get the no satellite signal message. I am stumped. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Jim1023

Jim1023 New Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Southern...
    If you have a SWM system unplug the power inserter to the dish for 30 seconds.

Jim

3. Griff

Griff Legend

Sep 24, 2006
    Thanks Jim. The unit is going to be replaced on Tue. It is toast. Noticed you have been a customer since July 1994. That's my signup date as well.

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    If you can get to a Menu, can you try resetting Everything.
    This choice wipes out all settings and deletes all recordings and starts fresh, almost like out of the box.