1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR24/500 Not Working. Deca Shows no power

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by samuej1, Sep 25, 2013.

1. samuej1

samuej1 New Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Minnesota
    I recently got whole home DVR set up in my home. I orginally had only one HD box (HR24/500) and after the purchase of a new TV I needed an additional HD box (HR23-700). I wanted to make sure that I could watch the shows from each HD reciever on either TV. When they installed the new receiver they added the DECA to the back of the HR24 and the HR23. The Rep from Direct TV said it would take 24 hours to "find" each other however they never found each other. The DECA connected to the HR23-700 has the power light a solid green and the activity light blinks yellow. That DECA is connected with a COAX coming in and the COAX and ethernet exiting and connecting to the HR23. The HR24 has the DECA connected the same way however the power light is not on nor is the activity light. I have tried resetting the HR24 and while setting up the power light and activity light are both a solid green then back to off. Both boxes show that the whole home is authorized but does not "find the other DVR's"

As a note I have my internet services with another company that is seperate from Direct TV. I have both set up with names and show allow to see each others programas but I dont know what to do to get the two DVR boxes to "find" each other.

What can I do to fix this so that I can share the recorded programs between my two DVR boxes?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    The HR24 has DECA built into it. I would remove the DECA that is installed behind it.
    Then reset the receiver: Menu, Settings, Reset, Restart Receiver

They should find each other almost right away.

3. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Yep;

Installer wasn't trained properly;

H/HR24s, H25s, and Genie's all have DECAs built in. Remove it from the HR24 and then reboot it.

Also, it does not take 24 hrs. for receivers involved in WH to find each other, but somewhere less than minute at most..

4. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    That DECA attached to your HR24 should instead be connected to your router for Internet access.

5. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Unless you have a CCK, Drew is right. You need to have your 24 attached to your router for any sort of Apps, You Tube, Pandora and VOD.

6. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    BTW, are you sure the DECA connected to your HR24 is not a PI (Power Inserter)?

7. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    the TS can't connect the HR24 directly to the router as doing this will disable WHDVR

8. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    The TS said the DECA on the HR24 has no power or activity lights, so it is a DECA. the HR24 since it has a DECA built in, it does not have enough power to power the DECA.