Just received an HR24-500 a few days ago. I record most shows OTA because the picture quality is significantly better than Memphis LiL. Concerned about the problems elwaylite has experienced, I decided to set up a number of OTA recordings as a test. I tried to keep both tuners pretty busy recording OTA for most of an evening and night. I selected shows on most of the Memphis OTA stations, all of which show 90%-100% signal strength on the antenna meter. Here are my results: Total recordings attempted: 22 Successful recordings: 15 % failed: 32% Almost 1/3 of the OTA recordings I attempted failed. And that was after I noticed an inexplicable yet persistent 792 (searching for OTA signal) error a couple of hours into the test and rebooted to correct it. Of the recordings that failed, most were black/blank and went immediately to the "do you want to delete" prompt. A couple of them seemed to just lock up on a frame. When I rebooted the box, ALL of the failed recordings were removed from the list. This smells like a software issue to me. I hope DirecTV is paying attention and working on getting it fixed. Given the inferior picture quality of satellite LiL compared to OTA, if I can't reliably record OTA I'll have to think really hard about leaving DirecTV.