1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24-500 question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by tonyinvc, Aug 13, 2010.

1. tonyinvc

tonyinvc Cool Member

Jul 25, 2010
    N00b here again.
    Install went fine today with the exception of my HR24-500
    receiver gets an error 22 and can not connect to the internet.
    I have the Whole-Home DVR service and the installer insured me that both the DVR service and the internet connection was possible without additional equipment. He would have set it up but he didn't have a spare ethernet cable.

The receiver is able to connect to the network but not the internet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. armchair

armchair Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2009
    Sounds like it's incomplete. What other devices do you have?

Do you have a DECA module with DECA power supply connected near your router with a LAN connection at network switch or router? Check out the sticky threads for correct photos: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=177308

3. tonyinvc

tonyinvc Cool Member

Jul 25, 2010
    There is a DECA module connected to the 2nd receiver in the bedroom and that's it. Nothing connected to the router other than the ethernet cable I hooked up. It appears that my install tech was almost as n00b as me. I guess I'll call DTV tonight and schedule another house call.

4. armchair

armchair Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2009
    Just so you know what to tell Directv, you need the Internet Connection Kit to complete your install.

5. tonyinvc

tonyinvc Cool Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Thanks for the advice.

6. mobandit

mobandit Hall Of Fame

Sep 4, 2007
    If you have an ethernet cable connected to your HR24, it should not have one! When the HR24 models are connected in a WHDVR setup, they connect to the network through the coax, the ethernet port is actually disabled on the HR24 in this instance.