1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24 & caller ID problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by shamus46, Jun 28, 2010.

1. shamus46

shamus46 Legend

Sep 29, 2002
    Is anybody else having a problem with the caller ID on the HR24? Mine works for a while and than stops, I have to reset to get it to work again.

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I'm not but I have seen others posting to say that they are. You are not alone.

3. Mike Greer

Mike Greer Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    Yep - caller on my HR24 doesn't work and others are in the same boat.

4. Getteau

Getteau Icon

Dec 19, 2007
    Houston
    +1. Seeing the issue on mine as well.

5. outlaw5067

outlaw5067 New Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Same here on my HR24... A tech is suppose to be out right now (already 2 hours in the 4 hour window) to look at this and install the internet connection kit for our whole home setup.

6. David MacLeod

David MacLeod New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    same here hr24-100 swapped phone lines today to test and still nothing.

7. benf

benf Cool Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Same on mine, no caller ID. Though something weird happened the other day when a call came in, something popped up that said "SWM module" and had some other text after it but it happened so fast can't remember what else was on there. Haven't see it since and it didn't log anything for that call either.

8. Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2006
    +1 Caller ID works about 75% of the time on my HR24-500

9. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I've never seen it work. Don't care. Minor issue. If that's all that's wrong with my 24-500, I'll be very happy. Don't get that many land line (don't really have a land line, have an OOMA) calls.

Rich

10. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Every time I see you post something, I have to laugh at your signature. That's got to be the funniest signature on the forum. Many thanx for the chuckles. :lol:

Rich

11. Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2006
    Thx Rich!

Mr. Burgundy gets all the credit.

I love Ron Burgundy. Greatest movie ever made!

12. xceebeex

xceebeex Legend

Jun 17, 2010
    Have you tried hooking up your ooma setup to your HR24? I have ooma as well and haven't even tried to hook it up yet since I am not sure the best way to do it. I currently have the ooma hub hooked up with expandable phones.

13. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    I had the problem when I first got my 24-500. Did a menu reset and that cleared it up. Works all the time now.

14. PkDog

PkDog AllStar

Jul 23, 2009
    Worked for a few days after HR24 was 1st set up and then quit. I did a reset yesterday and it is working again, so far.

15. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I've got my OOMA hooked up to every one of my HRs. It works on every one of them. I must admit that I've got the 24-500 in the master bedroom and I'm rarely there when the phone rings, so I really don't know how well it works.

Just checked my "Calls Log" and it shows "None". Either that line is not hooked up properly or the 24 doesn't recognize it. The feature is enabled. I'd check it out, but I don't really care about CID in that room. But now that I know it must be the phone line, I'll probably have to check it. I hate having stuff in the house that doesn't work properly.

Great gizmo, the OOMA, no? I use the blacklist regularly and I've gotten to the point where I rarely get calls from telemarketers. Been thinking about putting the mother-in-law's number on the blacklist, but she usually uses my wife's cell to call her. She knows I won't answer the phone if I see her name pop-up. :)

Rich

16. xceebeex

xceebeex Legend

Jun 17, 2010
    How did you go about hooking up ooma to your receivers? Right now my ooma hub is in a room at the opposite end of the house and we have expandable phones so no other connections anywhere in the house. Is there an easy way for me to do it?

17. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I use a wireless gizmo that sends the phone signal to a receiver in one of my rooms. The rest of the house I wired myself. The wireless gizmo works very well. I'll try to remember to look at the transmitter and see if there's a name on it. I've been using it for a couple years and have no idea of the details. I did buy it from Amazon, I think. You might try searching Amazon for wireless phone transmitters.

Rich

18. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I don't see the transmitter and receiver I have, but this might fit your needs.

Rich

19. Bofurley

Bofurley Godfather

Oct 11, 2006
    KS
    I have not had any problems with my HR24-500 with caller ID, nor the HR21-100 in my office. They both work wonderfully.
    Also, the one in my family room is connected to one of those plug in adapters from Walmart.

20. benf

benf Cool Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I know this is an older thread but as a follow up to what fixed this on my receiver. Not sure if it was this exact sequence that fixed or just pure luck.

1. Ran system test from the receiver menu (Menu/Info-Test/System Test)

2. System test reported that phone connection to receiver wasn't present. This even though I did have a good working line connected to it.

3. With receiver still powered on I unplugged the power at the back and left it unplugged for about a minute. I did not unplug the phone line.

4. After plugging power back in and boot process finished (several minutes) the caller ID started working. I also ran system test again and no more error about the phone line.

So far so good, all calls are showing up.