1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24 Fast Forward directly ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by sportflyer, Oct 27, 2012.

1. sportflyer

sportflyer Mentor

Dec 4, 2011
    Is it possible to Fast Forward to a specified time by inputting the elapsed time directly during Fast Forward mode ? Thanks

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Nope

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Look at the progress bar of a recording you are playing. It has Tick marks in it.
    Press and hold the FF and the progress will jump to the next Tick mark. Then you can repeat that.

Press and hold the Jump ahead button and the marker will jump to the end of the recording.

4. sportflyer

sportflyer Mentor

Dec 4, 2011
    Understand. Thanks

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    If its a recording you are keeping and want to be able to quickly jump to a fav spot, find it the hard way, and bookmark so you can quickly jump to it in the future. pause at that spot, hit the green button and its now a convenient jump to spot.

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX

Thanks for that. I looked in the manual and could not find that.
    I will try that one day soon.

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    One thing about bookmarks, I don't think there is a way to delete them.

8. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Does that really cause an issue? If you arent using skip to tick, you could have 100 of them and they don't do anything.

9. otaliema

otaliema AllStar

Aug 9, 2012
    Mid-west USA
    Confirmed bookmarks can not be deleted at this time.
    Fast jump to tick; Hit FF once then hit slip forward to goto the next tickmark, or skip back to go back to previous tick.
    Note if useing this tecnique to get to the end of a recording it will not take you to the keep/delete pop up but rather 1 minute from end. you can "rewind" a recording upto 2 hours long (no bookmarks) faster this way than stopping and starting over. *thouse who have toddlers know what I am talking about*

10. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Sure, but probably still something that should be kept in mind if you use the feature. I believe this has been like this ever since the HD GUI was released.

11. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    Used to be able to manage bookmarks, yellow button mini menu. Was really cool. Don't know why they got rid of it (a few releases before HD GUI). You could jump to any bookmark in a recording, or double dash delete them. Handy for long recordings, or moving them if you made a mistake. They were listed by hour: min: sec. in a column, and as I recall the mini menu page window would stay open until you were all done. Then yellow button or exit to remove the window.

Man, I miss the "good old days."

12. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    Another problem that can occurr with the current method of tickmark navigating is overshooting sometimes if things are too close together (book and tick marks, for example).