1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24 keeps resetting

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Tiremeltingrsx, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Tiremeltingrsx

Tiremeltingrsx New Member

Mar 19, 2013
    First off let me say I expect the answer to be "deal with it" but I figure I'll ask incase there is a solution.

I have an HR24 HD DVR and I have put my directv service on hold. I'm temporarily living at my inlaws who have AT&T uverse. Per threads I saw on this site I unplugged my HR24 before my service was put on hold so I could still access my DVR. Right now the only connections are for power and HDMI. I have access to my recorded programs, but every 15 or so minutes the box resets itself and tries searching for a satellite. I can't find a way to skip the startup/search so for every 10 minutes of show I watch 5 minutes of startup.

Any suggestions? Much appreciated!

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    That's what will happen without an active satellite connection and subscription.

3. Tiremeltingrsx

Tiremeltingrsx New Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Darn, thought so. Would have been nice to know that up front.

4. dishinitout

dishinitout Mentor

Jan 4, 2013
    Southern...
    It shouldn't reboot that often, but without a signal it should reboot every few hours in an attempt to self repair what is causing signal loss ( even though this basically never fixed issue anyways)