1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR24 need White DECA Adapter?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by profbobo, Aug 31, 2013.

1. profbobo

profbobo AllStar

Jan 22, 2006
    Hello:

I did a little searching and it appears that the HR24 has DECA built-in. However, it wasn't clear as some of the other members appeared to be using the adapter instead of the CCK. I'm just looking for confirmation if I need it for my setup.

I have 4 HD-DVRs (HR21, HR22, HR22, HR23) and the CCK. All the receivers are using the white DECA adapters (DECA1MR0-01) as I have whole-home DVR service.

The HR23-700 bit the dust and DirecTV sent out a HR24-500 as its replacement. It's my understanding that the white DECA adapter used on the existing HR23 is no longer needed for the HR24 replacement. Is that correct?

Thanks.

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    DECA is built into the HR24, you do not need the DECA adapter.

3. profbobo

profbobo AllStar

Jan 22, 2006
    Good to hear. Thank you for the quick reply.

4. djrobx

djrobx Godfather

Jan 26, 2009
    A black CCK is functionally the same as a white DECA adapter + a power adapter. Both just bridge the DECA network to ethernet. Early installs used an additional white adapter at your home router to connect it to the internet. The black CCK was introduced a little later. It just has a more consumer-friendly appearance and power transformer.