1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR24 On Demand with a Genie in the house.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mrro82, Feb 22, 2014.

1. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    Sorry if this is posted somewhere but I wasn't able to figure this out. When we got DirecTV we got the HR24 and a H25. We upgraded to the Genie yesterday. Self install. We moved the HR24 into the bedroom and the HR44 is now in the living room. Everything is hooked up properly with the HR44. When I moved the HR24 into the bedroom the CCK went with it. I hooked it up as per the instructions on D's website. There problem I'm having it that in the HR44's menu it shows no internet connection (loop detected no matter which I use, wireless or wired). I removed the CCK from the bedroom and the HR24 and HR44 are talking to each other properly with regards to playlist sharing and whatnot. With that said, how can I continue to get the channel logos, rotten tomato ratings, on demand etc on the HR24? Is there a different way to hook the CCK to the HR24 than what I found on D's website? Hope this all makes sense. Thanks!

2. naijai

naijai Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    Use the Wireless CCK in the HR44 and that will serve both receivers
    You'll have to run through the setup since the other CCK has been removed

1 person likes this.
  3. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    Wow. Didn't know it would be that easy. Thank you!

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!