1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24 purchasing question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Soulweeper, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Soulweeper

Soulweeper Icon

Jan 9, 2005
    I'm moving my HR23 to the bedroom, and it will be replaced by an HR24. I got a credit on my account to cover it, so I'm buyng it myself. I'm most likely buying it from Weaknees, just because I bought an HR22 from them a long time ago. They are in California, so I'd be out only the sales tax, with my credit, no big deal.

I can get from Amazon, that is fulfilled by them, but from someone else, so I'd save the tax. Even thought they would both be brand new, am I still just much better off just going through an authorized Directv dealer like Weaknees. Or, any other suggestions? Thanks!

2. doctrsnoop

doctrsnoop Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    solidsignal.com

3. Soulweeper

Soulweeper Icon

Jan 9, 2005
    Any advantage to them over Weaknees? Only reason I ask is Weaknees ships from California, where I live, so I'd get it quicker, but who is more reputable?

4. doctrsnoop

doctrsnoop Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    they're from here in Michigan so it might be cheaper if you discount the tax. Would shipping be more? You'll have to do the math. But they are quite reputable and used by many people here. I've bought from both , no problem

5. Soulweeper

Soulweeper Icon

Jan 9, 2005
    O.k. just curious....and thanks. No tax with solid signal, but shipping, which just about equals the tax with Weaknees.....basically a wash. Probably go with the closer one.

6. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    You will need to order (2) BBC's as well, too use on the hr24, unless your system is a singal wire setup, Your Hr23 has the BBC's built in (again if not not on a singal wire system) SWIM. That does not require BBC's.

7. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    You can always request the BBC's from DirecTV and they will ship them out to you for free.

- Merg

8. tkrandall

tkrandall Hall Of Fame

Oct 3, 2003
    My I ask you how you managed to get them to give you a credit to cover it? I want to purchase 2 HR24s directly myself so I can guarantee the model.

9. Soulweeper

Soulweeper Icon

Jan 9, 2005
    Yeah, I have a bunch of BBC's, some never used. Thanks.
    I'm sure I will switch over to SWM before long.