1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR24 scheduled tuning

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by JamesTPDI, Aug 16, 2010.

1. JamesTPDI

JamesTPDI Legend

Jan 4, 2007
    Is there any way to make an HR24 tune to a channel at a set time? I just want the TV to be set to a specific channel at a set time every day with having to do anything.

James

2. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    HR24 dosent have auto tune only H24. You can set it to manual record a show at that time and channel everyday and just erase the recording

3. raoul5788

raoul5788 Guest

May 13, 2006
    Yes. In the menu there is an option for manual recording.

4. JamesTPDI

JamesTPDI Legend

Jan 4, 2007
    I don't want to record it. Just have it tuned. I miss wrote, it's an HR23.

5. mobandit

mobandit Hall Of Fame

Sep 4, 2007
    Doesn't matter, same thing...DVR's don't auto-tune unless you set up a recording.

6. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Just manual record it for a minute

7. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Unfortunately no guarantee that'll change the foreground tuner tho. In that case, you can hit DOWN-DOWN to start DOUBLEPLAY and bring the background tuner to the front. The background tuner's buffer should be intact.

8. BAHitman

BAHitman Godfather

Oct 23, 2007
    Austin Texas
    What I do is to schedule a recording, then set it to only keey 1 episode. that way, it constantly deletes itself every day... low maintenance... and to get around the tuner problem I set it to record for 1 hour, and keep that at the lowest SL priority so that it does not record instead of other things at that timeslot...

9. PokerJoker

PokerJoker Godfather

Apr 12, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Just FYI, Dish Network DVRs will do an auto-tune without recording. I wish D* would add that feature.

10. mobandit

mobandit Hall Of Fame

Sep 4, 2007
    I really don't care about what Dish does or doesn't do...

11. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    The HR2x's don't have anyway to auto tune to a given channel. The only way to do it would be to record something on that channel while starting something else recording on the background tuner first. That would force the live tuner to tune to your channel.

These can be very short manual recordings.

BTW, all the HR2x and H2x receivers have the same interface and features. One you learn on you've learned the all. :)

Mike