1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR24 Stopped Recording

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Insomniac2k, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Insomniac2k

Insomniac2k AllStar

Aug 21, 2007
    I was on travel last week and returned today. I looked at the Playlist on my HR24 and it didn't seem nearly as full as I expected. Some quick checking and I discovered the following:

1. The last thing it recorded was Wed, 1 AM (Frontline)
    2. The To Do List starts on (last) Wednesday and has all my scheduled recordings
    3. I had both Series and Episode recordings that went unrecorded
    4. I scheduled a football game for yesterday through DirecTV online and it's in the To Do List, but never recorded

I also couldn't run a System Test or Record anything manually. Rebooting cleaned up the To Do List and everything seems to be running fine.

Has anyone experienced this? I know I can't do anything about it now, but is there a way to catch/prevent this in the future? Can you remote reboot your DVR?

2. bbartilson

bbartilson Cool Member

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm actually on the forum tonight because my HR-24 isn't recording "The Walking Dead," even though it thinks it should and claims it is. Effing hell. If it wasn't AMC which repeats the crap out of its shows, I would be very annoyed. Being in your position would make me very very annoyed.

Sorry, I can't say whether or how one could remotely reboot. Sure ought to be an option.

Regards,

Bill