1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR2x and R22 0x034C - Issues Only

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Doug Brott, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Aug 22, 2009 #1 of 265
    Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Receivers included in this release:
    HR20-100 • HR20-700
    HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700 • HR21Pro
    HR22-100 • HR23-700
    R22-200 • R22-100

Release notes:
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=163484

Discussion:
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=163485

Remember, of course... please keep all posts to issues only. If you have no issues, or simply want to discuss other issues related to this release, please use the discussion thread.

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

2. Aug 23, 2009 #2 of 265
    cdvorak

cdvorak Cool Member

Jun 19, 2007
    got a message today that new software updated - now my list of recorded shows is blank; no way yet to tell which drive it is referring to; I have used a Seagate Freeagent external drive ever since this feature was activated (1 or 2 yrs now without a problem) but now I have tried everything and still can't find my recordings; why can't DirecTv have a menu selection to select internal or external drive? - any suggestions?

3. Aug 23, 2009 #3 of 265
    Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Try powering down everything, re-seat the cables, power up the eSATA, wait about 60 seconds, then power on the HR2x.

4. Aug 26, 2009 #4 of 265
    fpbear

fpbear New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    This software update also wiped out all my shows that I had on my external drive plugged into the esata port on my HR20. Right after the update, my remote stopped working properly. So I restarted. Then I got a message saying that my drive is being checked for errors - now the show list is completely blank! I wonder if there is any way to get them back, or are the recordings gone forever?

5. Aug 26, 2009 #5 of 265
    DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Did you have any shows on the internal drive? It's possible that it just booted to the internal and your shows are still on the external.

If that's not the case, you are probably out of luck, and they are gone.

6. Sep 1, 2009 #6 of 265
    billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    34C update arrived early this morning.

Minor glitch - the XM Sirius channels, at least the two that I usually listen to, no longer show the song listings. I have no idea whether this is related to the new software, but the listings were displayed last week.

Edit: Song listings were restored as of Tuesday evening.

7. Sep 1, 2009 #7 of 265
    jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    The system may have to re-index the guide data.

8. Sep 1, 2009 #8 of 265
    Richard

Richard Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    South Texas
    Same thing with mine. It was showing just "Billy Joel" for a couple of hours. I changed the channel a few times to try to get it to reset, now it's just showing the channel name and no song info at all.

9. Sep 1, 2009 #9 of 265
    fpbear

fpbear New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    After this software update wiped out all my shows on the external drive, I gave up on trying to use an external drive and had DirecTV send me a new HR22 to replace my HR20. This is the third time I lost my entire external drive contents as a result of software glitches. They simply do not do as much software testing for external drive users. From now on I will use my internal drive only so that I will be part of the "main crowd" -- the configuration that gets the thorough software testing in their update cycle.

10. Sep 1, 2009 #10 of 265
    TimoHT

TimoHT AllStar

Oct 6, 2008
    I received the 34c update last night for my HR20-100. I am in Los Angeles and get local channels via an off-air antenna and other content via DirecTV. All was well until I clicked the down arrow to try the new double play (dual tuner) feature. At that point I could no longer receive off-air antenna channels. I'd get "searching for signal." This morning, after the update, but before invoking double play I could receive off-air antenna channels.

I did a reset via the HR20 menu. (It took about 5 minutes. I don't remember how long it took in the past. But, I believe this is somewhat faster.). No change. That did not bring back the local channels. However, when I checked the associated signal levels in the off-air antenna setup menu they all showed 90%-100%.

I ran a new, complete off-air antenna setup and selected the desired channels. At this point I could receive "most" of the local channels. However, two of them (7.1 and 28.1) still indicated "searching for signal" although, again, the HR20 antenna meter showed them as 90%+ signal strength.

I then did a hard reset via the HR20's red button. After that, I could receive all channels. I tested the "double play" feature to ensure than invoking it did not again cause off-air channels to be lost. All remained OK.

Sooooooo.... Seemed like some combination of resets and/or running setup for off-air antenna might be needed.

11. Sep 2, 2009 #11 of 265
    billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    I had a similar episode this morning. When I tried to invoke double play using the down arrow I got switched to the info channel telling me all the things I should do (reset button, check connections, pull plug) if I couldn't receive a signal. Also, my brief dropouts on satellite channels seem to be getting more frequent and longer. I'm in the LA area and there's quite a bit of smoke around but not in the dish line of sight.

FiOS is looking more attractive and is available here.

12. Sep 2, 2009 #12 of 265
    DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    You got switched to the info channel, because that's what the background tuner was tuned to. If you had pressed the down arrow again, you would be back to the orgininal tuner and original channel.

13. Sep 2, 2009 #13 of 265
    The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    As DogLover stated, you were switched to Channel 201. After a reset, if the background tuner has not been used for anything, the first time DoublePlay is activated it will take you to Channel 201. Once the background tuner has been used, DoublePlay will take you to the active channel on the background tuner.

- Merg

14. Sep 2, 2009 #14 of 265
    irlspotter

irlspotter New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    If I try and force the update - I am not getting 034C - shouldn't a forced update get the latest???

Dan

15. Sep 2, 2009 #15 of 265
    HRJustin

HRJustin Godfather

Mar 5, 2009
    No it will be pushed to each receiver when DirecTV decides. The new software is only in the stream at certian times. If you try to force a download most likely the new software wont be in the stream. Forcing a software download is really only meant for CE use.

16. Sep 2, 2009 #16 of 265
    The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Actually, it doesn't matter if the software is in the stream or not. Your receiver will only download it when DirecTV authorizes your receiver to download it. As this is a staggered roll-out (as most software updates are), it can take a few weeks (if not more) for all receivers to be updated.

- Merg

17. Sep 3, 2009 #17 of 265
    billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Thanks for the info. Apparently it was just a coincidence that 201 was showing reset information when it appeared on my screen. For a moment there I thought I had reached the typical CSR :)

Edit: Double Play is working fine now. Watched the Phillies and college football last night, pausing and switching between the two at just about every commercial. I really like the channel starting up at the pause point automatically when switching back to it.

18. Sep 4, 2009 #18 of 265
    calidelphia

calidelphia Godfather

Feb 17, 2007
    The above issue is still happening. Post copied over from the previous NR issues thread.

Diagnostic Report ID:

20090904- 20FB

19. Sep 8, 2009 #19 of 265
    cartrivision

cartrivision Hall Of Fame

Jul 25, 2007
    When returning to live TV after watching a recorded program, if a scheduled recording has changed the channel that was previously being live buffered, I am returned to an an empty "live buffer".

There is NEVER any reason to return the user to an empty live buffer. Upon exiting the playback of a recorded program, the user should be returned to whichever tuner is maintaining a live buffer, and if the previous live buffered tuner has been switched to a different channel by a scheduled recording, then live buffering must be initiated on one of the channels that was used for a scheduled recordings, and the user returned to that live buffer when exiting the playback of the recorded program.

20. Sep 8, 2009 #20 of 265
    The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I'm trying to understand this... You're watching a recording while the TV is buffering Channel 4. At 8pm, the tuner switches to Channel 5 to record a show. When you exit your recorded show at 8:15pm it takes you to Channel 5, but there is no buffer when in fact there should be a 15 minute buffer at that time. Is that correct?

- Merg