1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 and Ipad Recording Issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Bevostein, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Bevostein

Bevostein Mentor

Feb 1, 2008
    I posted this on the HDDVR forum and haven't got a response. Thought I would try in this forum...

I have an HR34, HR24 and two HR21 with Whole Home via DECA. I have no problem controlling my boxes with a 1st generation Ipad. It is not jailbroken and has the latest app version, 1.5 I think.

The issue I am having is that when I use the Ipad to schedule a recording on the HR34 I can not change the start or end times. For example, I tried to use the Ipad to record this weekends basketball games and I tried to extend the end time by an hour. I received and error on the Ipad app that read something to the effect of....The start and end times can not be modified on this receiver.

I then tried the same thing on the HR24 and had no trouble scheduling the recording and extending the end time via Ipad. I also used the remote on the HR34 and had no trouble scheduling a recording and extending the end time.

Any ideas what is going on?

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    HR34 doesn't support time extension using the iPad app. Simple as that.

3. Bevostein

Bevostein Mentor

Feb 1, 2008
    That's dumb programming decision. It makes no sense they wouldn't build that into the app or have a difference between HR34s and other HDDVRs.

4. wahooq

wahooq New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    hr34 software isnt complete yet