1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 & C31 issues

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mreyeball, Nov 29, 2012.

1. mreyeball

mreyeball New Member

Nov 8, 2010
    I'm new to the forums, so forgive me if this isn't the correct place to ask this. I got an HR34 and C31 about a week ago, and have so far found three issues:

A) The "Shows you might like" feature doesn't seem to be working. I'm getting the "check back in 1 hour" message, which I expected for a day or two, but it's been over a week. Is the DVR still "learning" what I like?

B) I can't delete recordings from the C31. The menu has an option for deleting, just like on the DVR, so I assume the capability exists...I just can't get it to work. I get a message that says I can only delete from the main DVR location.

C) Less bothersome, but the other day when my wife was watching a recording on the C31 and I was watching a recording downstairs, I experienced a black screen and no sound for about a half second every 30 seconds or so. Is this an issue with taxing the HR34 by watching two recordings? I don't think the C31 experienced the "blackouts", but I think it did become slow to respond during that time.

Anyone have suggestions about any of these?

Thanks!