1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 cannot access On Demand Channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by raromr, Feb 18, 2012.

1. raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    Just upgraded about a week ago from an HR24 to HR34. When I try to access any On Demand channels other than 1000, I am not able. Screen just does nothing or if I am on 1000 and try to Browse channels, once I select an On Demand channel, the screen stays frozen on 1000. I am connected by DECA and internet connection is fine. No issues on my other HR24s.

2. diggerg56

diggerg56 Legend

Sep 26, 2007
    I have to ask...I assume you've tried a reset and all that? I had an issue similar to that awhile back (non DECA though) where the unit said it had Internet Connectivity but it really didn't. It took a couple resets and it started working.

3. raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    I am connected. Just can't get the On Demand to populate.

4. gstivers

gstivers New Member

May 31, 2007
    Channel 1000 and 1100 must be in your favorites list

5. texasmoose

texasmoose Icon

May 24, 2007
    ?, and if they're not, vod won't work?

6. raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    No way that is correct. This seems to be a receiver bug/issue. Thanks for the suggestion but On Demand works fine on my other HR24s and no On Demand channels are in my favorite list.

7. raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    I stand corrected. That actually works. Is this an HR34 novelty. My other boxes access these channel without the need for them to be in the favorites list.

8. BigFoot48

BigFoot48 Mentor

Aug 30, 2007
    My CinemaPlus selections stopped working (i.e. nothing displayed upon selecting any of the three menu options) after the first day, and since other internet functions like apps and youtube were working, I couldn't understand why. Associating setting up our favorites with the failure of CP to work just didn't occur to me.

Well, I just set up a bunch of the 1000's and CinemaPlus is back! It would be nice to have one small thread with a list of all these things us newbees to the HR series, and the 34's in particular, could reference.

9. indysteve

indysteve New Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Wow, spent the afternoon trying to figure this out. Thanks!

10. Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon Hall Of Fame

Aug 17, 2006
    Ive had the HR34 for awhile now, and the only way I could get VOD to work in the beginning was to put the on demand channels in my favs.