1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR34 coming on by itself....anyone else getting this?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Soulweeper, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Soulweeper

Soulweeper Icon

Jan 9, 2005
    My HR34 has turned on by itself about 5 times or so in the last week, give or take a couple days. Well....it's always "on", but we've come in the living room and the panel lights are on. I checked, and there are no new updates either. Just curious if anyone else is getting this?
    Thanks.

2. texasbrit

texasbrit DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 9, 2006
    Yes, many people are reporting reboots on their HR34s. DirecTV is triggering this for some reason.

3. weadjust

weadjust AllStar

May 9, 2008
    Tupelo, MS
  4. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I hope you HR34 users are reporting this to tech support or any department that's in charge of that, I know I would.

5. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    You can check the uptime in settings to see if it rebooted spontaneously when you were not looking.

Also consider that these units can be set to work from an RF remote. Check to see if you have any funny recordings (not "Louie CK in concert" funny, but weird because you didn't schedule them). Your neighbors may be controlling your DVR without them even knowing it. If so, change the code.

6. Soulweeper

Soulweeper Icon

Jan 9, 2005
    That's not it.....at least not in my case.