1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34: Error Message 775 Mystery

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by cmasia, Apr 7, 2013.

1. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Yesterday afternoon, my receiver displayed the 775 ( Communicating with Dish ) message.
    After rebooting the receiver, the same message appeared.
    I called and spoke with a very helpful woman who had me unplug the SWM, and check the connections.
    Still nothing.
    She had what I think she called a "Case Worker" call me and we went through the same exercise with the same 775 result.

He scheduled a technician to come out Monday.

This morning I turned on my TV and the signal had returned.
    The only residual issue I saw was the Guide is re-populating.

Any thoughts on why the 775 message appeared, and why the problem went away?

Cheers,
    cmasia

As an aside, while the signal was out, I went to watch an HBO boxing match I'd recorded.
    For the first time ever, my component connected TV showed the dreaded HDCP message, as my HDMI connected projector was turned off.
    Coincidence?

2. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Did you make sure the power inserter is plugged in properly first? Wall outlet preferred. Then try to reboot the receiver.

And if that doesn't work the power inserter may need to be replaced

3. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    775 means the receiver can't talk to the SWM for one reason or another. I had this when the Power Inserter on my SWM16 died a couple of months ago.

4. jettech737

jettech737 Cool Member

Sep 10, 2007
    I had this problem over the weekend and what I had found that a few of my coax connections had the wire pulled back into the connector and were not making good contact. Check your coax connections and make sure that they all have copper wire coming out of the coax connection. This can happen if you pull on the coax wire it can pull the wire back into the connector. You might have this condition and the connection is intermittant.