1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 "EXIT" during recording behavior

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Herdfan, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    I don't know if has been mentioned before, but I noticed last night while watching a recording that pressing the EXIT button returns me to the playlist screen with Live TV in the corner box.

On my other HR's, pressing EXIT during a recording exited me out to full screen Live TV.

Has anyone else noticed this? Has it been mentioned before and I missed it?

PREV works as normal.

2. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Which version s/w are you on? IIRC, with 4C8, pressing EXIT while watching a recording took me to the recording's INFO screen, with RESUME highlighted and LIVE TV playing in the PIP.

I actually prefer that to the HR2x way of dropping right into LIVE, because your finger's already there, so you can just hit EXIT again for full-screen LIVE, or SELECT to resume, if you hit EXIT by accident.

3. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Steve,

You are correct. I was posting from memory. :blush:

I don't really care, just think it needs to be the same among all DVR's.

4. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Agree! I can't imagine they won't be the same, once they port the new GUI over to the HR34.

Given an HR2x with the new GUI doesn't EXIT to the INFO screen, my guess is the HR34 won't either, which will be disappointing to me, because I liked it. :p

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    It will be, they need a little time to get the HR34 in sync with the other models that have matured software-wise.

6. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Absolutely right. Just be patient for a little longer. Remember, the HR34 still isn't even released nationally yet.