1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR34 froze then made weird beeping sound

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by AwSnap, May 28, 2014.

1. AwSnap

AwSnap New Member

May 28, 2014
    SouthWest
    I have had similar issues as many others have with my HR34 unit; screen freeze with audio continuing. Got Direct to do a swap with another HR34 and unfortunately had the same problems. After a software update that specific problem went away but it now becomes frozen and unresponsive requiring a reset. The most recent time after it froze I heard a strange noise coming from the box. It’s a series of electronic beeps and clicking. I know clicking can be a hard drive but as for the sounds I’m stumped. Any ideas on what it could be? I have never gotten any tempature warnings or other error messages on screen.