1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR34 Genie, 0x067C - Issues/Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Stuart Sweet, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    This is the official Issues and Discussion thread for HR34, version 0x067C

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=213035

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

2. CATCRAW

CATCRAW Legend

Mar 27, 2008
    I have only had my Genie for 2.5 weeks and have started experiencing audio drop offs on recorded programs. I hope the release might address this issue.

3. pdxBeav

pdxBeav Godfather

Jul 5, 2007
    I just forced a download and it did download new software, but it was version 0x05FD. Are only certain boxes able to get 0x067C at this time?

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    If your box isn't targeted for the new download, it won't get it and forcing a download unfortunately won't speed up the process.

5. whitewolf8214

whitewolf8214 AllStar

Jun 12, 2012
    Cool can't wait and wonder what they will have tonight since that will be coming out or if we will even get one tonight but let's hope they show the HR34 some love tonight :)

6. nsykes

nsykes Cool Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Peoria, AZ
    Live buffer still not working. Is this a feature that is just out the window now? I loved having it on my HR24 but almost a year with the 34 and I don't think it's ever worked. Every update I always check.

7. Bajanjack

Bajanjack Icon

Oct 22, 2006
    I'm out of town until Wednesday- would love to hear if the 3D issue was fixed with this release. (Greying out of guide and no 3D channels until you turn HR34 off and back on). I'm also hoping the "jump back" issue was fixed- no jump back when fast forwarding through a recorded program from another dvr using whole home and pressing play.

8. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Huh? :confused:

You mean you can't pause, RR, FF, etc. live TV on your HR34?

9. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    I think he means no buffer coming out of standby which is still an issue. It's intermittent at best.

10. nsykes

nsykes Cool Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Peoria, AZ
    Sorry all. Yes that is what I am referring to. Live buffer coming out of Standby mode. Still a no go on this release.

11. BigFoot48

BigFoot48 Mentor

Aug 30, 2007
    Twice, since getting this update last Thursday, and never before, when selecting LIST nothing is shown in the list. The heading are there, but nothing in the list. The first time I could also not change the channel (this morning I could) and this morning when I selected "Setup" from the menu in an attempt to do a soft reboot the Setup menu items did not come up - just a blank box. So both times an RBR was required.

12. Datagg

Datagg Legend

May 17, 2009
    Mesa, AZ
    Well it was when I first got the HR34 a month or so ago... Became progressively worse to not working at all. Got replacement after the run around for a couple of weeks. They really need to get some type of wide spread respect across all of them there. All comes down to a crap shoot on who you get and that just isn't right.

Anyways, new unit thus far working good... Awaiting new update though.

13. mabellboi

mabellboi Mentor

Sep 16, 2007
    Was able to force it this morning. Here goes...

14. Datagg

Datagg Legend

May 17, 2009
    Mesa, AZ
    Update occurred last night... As suspected I see absolutely no difference... Skipping issues still exists and other odd quirks. Hey at least this new box hasn't locked up and pause issues. I'm starting to think these FW updates are for show more than anything else. I should get paid to be a Beta tester.

15. don s

don s Mentor

Sep 4, 2011
    HR34 is slower than ever with this release. Talk about going backwards. Seriously, how long can it possibly take to make just decent software? It's getting to be a joke ...

16. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I wish I could go back to the SD GUI myself. It was quite snappy then.

17. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    Every since this download watch now feature has been giving error message saying internet speed is not fast enough to watch now. Speed 12-15 down 3-5 up. Hardwire Ethernet connection. Have got 5 accounts with Hr34 that have same issue.

18. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    I cant believe there are no replies to this. If I was to post a stupid commercial from DTV there would be pages of comments to follow. Anybody else have an Hr34 that can go to the OD and try "watch now"? I have other HR24's in the same house and watch now works fine on them just since the latest NR software has this started.

19. Datagg

Datagg Legend

May 17, 2009
    Mesa, AZ
    I haven't replied so not to jinx myself... Already on my second 34 in 2 months... So hush for me while I knock on wood.

20. rmmccann

rmmccann AllStar

Apr 16, 2012
    ND, USA
    I haven't received the update yet so I can't really comment. I'm hoping it stops the system lockups when resuming from standby and changing channels. It doesn't happen every time, but when it does it takes a good 30 seconds before I can actually watch TV or do anything; freezes up solid.