1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR34 (Genie) and interaction with iPad

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by D1vad, Nov 15, 2012.

1. D1vad

D1vad Cool Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Okay so tell me about the interaction of the HR34 and an iPad. Should the iPad be able to view the programs that the HR34 records? Or is play back of the HR34 limited to the HR34?

Seems like I can watch programs while they are being broadcast live, but the recorded programs are only available on the HR34.... :(

Not what I was expecting, at all. :nono:

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    You can't watch recordings on the iPad using the iPad app.

3. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    This has nothing to do with the receiver, BTW...playback of DVR recordings is simply not a feature of the DirecTV iPad app at this time. The receivers are capable of sending the recordings (they can do so to each other, to a standard HD receiver and to a PC running the Direct2PC app), the iPad just doesn't have the required software yet.

4. D1vad

D1vad Cool Member

Nov 13, 2012
    It would seem to me that if I want this feature bad enough then adding a Directv Nomad to my mix is the way to go... :( I understand it will work with my HR34?