1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 & HR24 Compatibility

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by corymattson, Dec 30, 2011.

1. corymattson

corymattson New Member

Jun 29, 2011
    I have 4 televisions that I'd like to interact with HR34 HMC. My understanding is that only the tv directly connected to the HR34 will be able to pause/rewind live TV, all others using H25's will not be able to pause/rewind live tv.

I really would like to have pause/rewind live tv capability on 2 of the 4 televisions. The one directly connected to the HR34 should be able to do this, if I have the other television connected to a HD DVR (HR24?), will it be able to pause/rewind and also be able to play/record programs on the HR25, or are they really treated as separate systems?

Thanks..

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Only HD DVRs, or "RVU Clients" can pause Live TV. So if that's important for you, and you don't want to buy a new Samsung RVU-enabled HDTV, then you'll want to use another HD DVR.

But note that there's a pretty simply workaround for the fact that HD Receiver's can't pause Live TV. Just press Record from your HD Receiver and let the HR34 begin recording that show. Then bring it up on the HD Receiver's Playlist and press Play. You'll then be able to pause it just fine.

3. corymattson

corymattson New Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Will the hd dvr (hr24?) be able to play & record programs from both it's own hard drive and the hr34?

4. DBSNewbie

DBSNewbie Icon

Nov 3, 2007
    The HR24 will only be able to record on its own Hard Drive. However, it can play back recordings from either itself or the HR34. An HD receiver on a 3rd TV, such as an H25, with be able to record on either the HR24 or HR34 and watch recordings from either DVR, as well.