1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR34 install question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by dnhawley, Apr 2, 2013.

1. dnhawley

dnhawley New Member

Jan 27, 2007
    I have appointment for hd-34 install tomorrow morning. I originally asked for one client but have decided to keep both of my HR24s and turn in my H24. I have whole home with Cinema kit installed. I know that there is a SWM installed. I need to know if this is possible.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    It's possible, but with the last minute change the installer may not have the parts needed.

3. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Yes you're going from 8 tuners to 9 and 9 require a SWiM-16 which might not be on their truck.

4. dnhawley

dnhawley New Member

Jan 27, 2007
    Thanks for the fast response. Without the SWM 16 would the receivers still work with the SWM thats installed even if I lose the option of recording 9 programs.

5. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    Yes if you disabled a tuner on HR24 but no because I doubt a tech would do that for you because it is against policy.

6. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I tech wont do that, because it will showup as incomplete install. Just call 'em and tell 'em that you decided to keep the second HR.

Believe me, it happens all the time. And the warehouse does have SWiM-16s.