1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 - is PIP actually on edge/corner of HD screen?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by some_raisins, Sep 17, 2012.

1. some_raisins

some_raisins Cool Member

Mar 13, 2007
    I'm looking to switch back to DTV from Dish, and will probably get the HR34 because of all the HD tuners. I see that it has PIP... Does the PIP window actually go all of the way against the edge or corner of the HD screen? Or is the placement of the PIP window designed for SD screen, like on Dish 722k HD DVR?

Also, any outstanding problems with the HR34 that a returning customer might want to know about?

Thanks!

2. joebas

joebas New Member

Jan 1, 2007
    I just got the HR34 last week and for pip you can select several different views, I liked the side by side just about = size pic

3. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    The PIP screens are engineered for an HD screen. I've had some minor issues with the HR34, but nothing that would make me want to send it back.

4. Smuuth

Smuuth Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2005
    The PIP window is a 16x9 aspect ratio HD screen but is not right against the edge or corner of the main window. There is part of the active screen showing on two sides of the PIP window.

5. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    PIP can be place in any corner with a space between the edge and PIP.

There is also a Side-by-side setting with the active being slightly larger then the other.

6. some_raisins

some_raisins Cool Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like the PIP window placement is at least better than Dish. Order placed. Can't wait to get Big10 Network again...