1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34- issues and DTV saying unsupport remote scheduling

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by loungn14, Jan 4, 2013.

1. loungn14

loungn14 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Hey all...been around for a long time but I'm at wits end with DTV

Here is the scenario...

New customer new install HR34, C31, C31 (went to comcast for a few years and now back)

tv apps don't work (blink and go away- was told no longer worked on the HR34) Pandora/ on demand/ youtube work fine

When i try to remote schedule a recording I get the following:

Directv.com - error occurred please call customer service
    android - your subscription does not include this channel (any channel you try even the basics and I have all the channels)
    Ipad- no receiver found (i can use the ipad networking tools to fingerprint and identify the 34 as well as ping etc)

swim and internet are both connected, the receiver is set to allow remote, and have tried just about everything. After talking to 7 different people at DTV I have now been told that tv app as well as remote scheduling is currently not supported with the HR34!

Is this correct????

Thanks in advance for reading and any suggestions...

2. TMan

TMan Legend

Oct 30, 2007
    I have had great difficulty scheduling recordings on my HR34 using the iPad app, Android app, and DirecTV web site. I believe it worked once or twice through the web site, but generally I can't get it to work. It seems like I've seen all the errors you've described at some point.

Yeah, it would be so awesome if they didn't bother to provide for remote program scheduling ON THEIR FLAGSHIP DVR. :rolleyes::confused:

3. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I'm able to schedule recordings on my HR34 from my Android phone app. I don't use it much, but its never failed. The only issue I have with the app is that it works via 4G, but errors out if I'm on WIFI.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    When was it activated?

5. pappasbike

pappasbike Godfather

Sep 19, 2006
    I've used the iPhone app several times as well as my iPad app to schedule recordings with no issues. The iPad app itself has had issues but when it's working I've been able to set a recording without a problem.