1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR34 Network Interference Problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by p3pilot, Jul 6, 2014.

1. p3pilot

p3pilot DIRECTV A-Team

Oct 27, 2008
    DFW
    Ran a test on the HR-34-700 today and got this result:

Diagnostic Code: 48-72-002

1. Home Network Interference Problem
    The receivers below have reduced network performance. If you are having a problem viewing recordings from these receivers, please call Customer Service at 1-1800-531-5000 and report he diagnostic code deployed above.

Affected Locations:
    HR34/700: GAME ROOM

I have noticed that from time to time the C31 client in the Master Bedroom has some pixelation and halting video.

Just to add a little more information, I have 1 HR34, 3 HR-2X DVRs, and 1 C31. The HR34 is on one side of the SWM-16 and the DVRs are on the other side. A few months of ago all the HR-2X's started getting either a 775 or 771 error. I had a service call, but it all started working a week before the service call so I cancelled it since I figured they wouldn't just replace equipment. Yesterday I attempted to add a H25-500 to the same side of the SWM as the HR2X's. It worked for a little bit, but now only has a 775 code.

Service code scheduled for next Saturday and I was wondering if all of this could somehow be related to a failing SWM-16. Looking to help the tech out anyway that I can. Any thoughts?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Doubt the two are related due to a falling SWiM.
    A cabling problem could explain both.
    The 34 has a service menu that could be helpful.
    It is for your Home Network Interference Problem and tests the coax/DECA networking.
    Problems with it could also be your 771/775 cause too.

On the front panel of the Genie:
    Press the right arrow and guide buttons at the same time.
    It may take a few tries before you see a screen with COAX on the left.
    Select coax and it will show the loss from the Genie to all the other DECA nodes, so if the 3 HR2x have DECA, they'll show along with the C31.
    Any loss above -45 is too much.

3. p3pilot

p3pilot DIRECTV A-Team

Oct 27, 2008
    DFW
    Thanks. Here is the data from the diagnostic:

Node Ids Friendly Names MAC Address Phy Levels
    0 MASTER -23
    1 Node-000B6BF99412 -38
    2 Node-000B6BF99602 -40
    3 Node-001BB13319CE -40
    4 GAME ROOM N/A
    5 -43

Looks like it could be a cable problem to the SWiM itself if it is node 5 with no friendly name.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    How about your Phy Mesh?