1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hr34 not connecting to internet well

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by hornmdt, Feb 11, 2012.

1. hornmdt

hornmdt AllStar

Sep 8, 2008
    My new HR34 is hit or miss on conecting to the Internet, I have 4 other DVRs (HR20, HR22, & 2 HR23's) all 5 connected via SWM and using DECA for MRV with a wired CCK for Internet connectivity.

All DVRs except the HR34 connect ok bringing up TV Apps fine. However the HR34 will fail on connecting to most of the TV Apps and does not have "wallpaper" for the VOD listings beginning on channel 125 like the others do. I have had SWM, DECA, CCK and the HR34 installed only since last Wednesday.

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I wonder if having more than 8 tuners on your SWM system is causing any problems.
    Since adding the HR34 brought the count up to 13.

I see you had problems and got them resolved, Right?

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=201496

3. hornmdt

hornmdt AllStar

Sep 8, 2008
    No I didn't have problems I was trying to learn the ropes because I didn't get a warm and fuzzy with the Directv tech. In the end I knew more about it than him but he got it all working.

Now all dvrs still connect to the Internet fine but the HR34 is kinda hit or miss. I'm running a movie download test right now - so far so good but the TV Apps don't seem to work on the HR34 but do on the other 4 DVRs. Also the HR34 dosen't put the nice colorful graphics on the download channels at 125 like my other DVRs do. The HR34 says it's connected to the Internet and the movie download verifies that (about 10% now) but for some reason some of the stuff doesn't work. I was thinking about disconnecting the CCK and going straight through the HR34 for all Internet access but don't know if that would make a difference or not and if it did why would that be the case.

4. azarby

azarby Hall Of Fame

Dec 15, 2006
    When you experieince the problem again, verify your IP address for all of yur HR boxes and make sure that your router is properly assigning a uniqe ID.

5. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    What's the software version the HR34 is running?

6. hornmdt

hornmdt AllStar

Sep 8, 2008
    The HR34 is running the old software before the 1080p graphics upgrade. My 4 DVRs are running the new software. The HR34 is runing 0x4c9 while the others are running 0x57b. Have no idea how to get the new HR34 up to the same software version my others are on since I have already gone through the upgrade process all one night back in mid December on the other DVRs. Also don't know if that is the problem since I don't remember having this problem before my old DVRs were upgraded.

The Weather TV App works on the HR34 but the one called Scoreguide won't work on the HR34 but does on the others. It gets a "not available" message. Getting this same message on many others that work on all the other DVRs but not the HR34. Also some of the graphics on the TV Apps are missing on the HR34 such as on Social TV and Flickr. Weird stuff.

7. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    As I suggested in the other thread, reset your network settings and then Connect Now.

8. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    You can't.

9. hornmdt

hornmdt AllStar

Sep 8, 2008
    Nope didn't help. Strange that it will connect to some of the TV Apps and won't others while my HR23's and others will connect to all without a problem.

10. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    How's the HR34 connected to the Internet? Via the DECA network or it's Ethernet Port?

11. hornmdt

hornmdt AllStar

Sep 8, 2008
    Through the DECA or I guess more accruately the CCK.

12. austen0316

austen0316 AllStar

Jun 21, 2006
    Robbinsville...
    I would try to direct connect to the hr34 and take out the cck, The hr34 will bridge it to the other receivers for you

13. hornmdt

hornmdt AllStar

Sep 8, 2008
    Is using the HR34 instead of the CCK the recommended setup?

14. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    It is a supported method, if that helps.