1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 Not Showing Up on Ipad App

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Snapaniac, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Snapaniac

Snapaniac Mentor

Sep 14, 2010
    Anyone else have this problem? I just had the HR34 installed yesterday. My ipad app doesn't show the HR34 box.

2. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Did you go into the iPad app settings to enter the IP address of the HR34?

3. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    It can take up to 24-48 hours for the HR34 to show up on the ipad app. For some reason it takes longer than any other receiver just make sure you are connected to the internet and give it time.

4. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I've never found that necessary, at least three iPads tested here, including the mini....as W.many 9's mentioned, it takes some time.

But do your other receivers see the 34?

5. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    It may not be "necessary", but what does it hurt to check? I've seen the iPad app sometimes lose/forget the IP addresses of my receivers and I have to go back in and enter them manually.

6. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Also, if it's a new install, make sure the HR34 is not blocking access, under "settings, whole home, external device".

7. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I am questioning the "have to". Since I've not done that, and have no problems with my networking, it feels like time not well spent.

All my STBs have static IP addresses. If your iPad cannot see your receivers, there could be something else afoot.

8. Snapaniac

Snapaniac Mentor

Sep 14, 2010
    I was able to fix it! For some weird reason... I went to change my password on my login to the DirecTV website. Then I logged out and logged back in with the new password on my iPad and BOOM! There it was.

I had tried logging out and logging back in before (with the same password) and it didn't do anything. Seemed to work this time when I changed the password.

Weird....

9. TMan

TMan Legend

Oct 30, 2007
    I have intermittent luck with the iPad app and my HR34.

About half the time, it will not appear in the app. If I go to the settings page under the "cog" icon, no equipment is listed. If I visit that page when it does show up, then I get the stuff with the IP address, the validate button, etc. There is no place to type in an IP address during those times when it doesn't show up...which would seem like an ideal time to be able to specify an IP address and make the app poll that IP for a response.

When it does show up, I can successfully perform remote control operations and look at my playlist. What I CANNOT do, which I find really irritating, is schedule recordings. It always says unable to schedule. Likewise with using the DirecTV web site. I occasionally will spend some time looking for programs airing in the next several days, and it is a bit ridiculous to have to take notes and then come back and schedule them on the actual DVR instead of a couple of taps in the app to get it scheduled. What is causing this?

10. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I'm having a similar issue. Check out my post in the iPad app issues thread in the Connected Home forum. You should also post this in that thread as well.

- Merg