1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 not taking remote recordings

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kevinturcotte, Feb 11, 2012.

1. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte Active Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    I've tried to set a couple of recording up for the HR34 on Directv's site and using the mobile phone app (Android) but they're not showing up on the receiver. I've done a couple on the HR24 and they show up almost immediately. Can you not do this with the HR34 yet?

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Does the HR34 show it's connected to the internet?

3. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    I have not gotten it to work yet.

4. kevinturcotte

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    Yeah it's connected to the internet. Already downloaded something on demand. I didn't think internet was required for this though?

5. dsw2112

dsw2112 Always Searching

Jun 12, 2009
    No internet required for this feature

6. Arius1

Arius1 Cool Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Mine didn't work the first day but after that its worked. It worked via the web first and then my phone (via the app) finally saw it.

7. kevinturcotte

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    I just tried it through the site (On my computer), and it took it immediately (Set it up for something that was currently showing). Strange. I could see if NEITHER receiver were taking requests from the app, but not just one.

8. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Maybe a reboot will fix it?

Kevin

9. kevinturcotte

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    THAT did it! But now it's telling me the HR34 doesn't allow padding lol I pad EVERYTHING so kinda useless if it doesn't allow that. Or will it adhere to recording defaults (Defaults say to pad everything 5 mins)?

10. kevinturcotte

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    Just checked, and even though you can't set padding through the app (Or can't seem to anyway), remote recordings DO adhere to recording defaults on the HR34!

11. Arius1

Arius1 Cool Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Yeah it takes what you set as default. IMO direct needs to be a bit more interactive with the HR34. I know its new but they need to get these little features working.

12. bobsbug

bobsbug New Member

Feb 13, 2012
    I had a similar problem with my HR34 but discovered a work around. I was unable to create a remote recording for any *future* program (via directv web page and android app). If a program was currently playing, then the recording worked fine. On my HR34 I could see numerous recording attempts had failed with the following error: This remote recording was canceled because another matching program was scheduled to record (3011). These errors show under Menu / Manage Recordings / History. I then thought maybe the problem was due to a keyword search I had previously put in place. When I deleted the keyword search (via series manager), my remote recordings worked just fine. After some testing, it seems that any keyword search within your series manager will cause remote recording failures of any future program (even if the keyword doesn't match anything with what you're trying to record). I just came from an HR21 and have never run into this issue so I'm guessing this is a HR34 problem. I wanted to mention this here in case anyone runs into this same issue, and maybe DirectTV is reading.

13. Motorcop33

Motorcop33 New Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Just got HR34 and I tried to schedule a recording thru the IPhone app on to my HR34 and I got a error msg stating"The following receiver(s) do not support record padding" what the hell is that? I then tried my wife's IPad2 and I was able to schedule a recording thru the app onto the HR34 .????

14. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I tried scheduling a padded recording from my iPhone today and it would not let me. That seems so weird for the HR34. I dont get it. It takes remote recordings just fine just no padding. Anyone know if that is being worked on?

15. Odys

Odys Cool Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I just posted about this same issue on another thread. Weird. My iphone app lets me add padding to my HR20, but not my HR34. The HR34 remote scheduling works great as long as I don't try to add padding.

16. penguin44

penguin44 Legend

Oct 29, 2005

Similar issue with my hr21. I get constant "this recording failed because the programme is no longer available." however I just set it via the guide and a current airing program said the same thing. How can it be no longer available if I'm actually watching it.

17. archer75

archer75 Godfather

Oct 13, 2006
    Yeah, mine's doing the same thing. In fact it will schedule some remote recordings but not most even though I get confirmation emails for the shows.

I wish they would give you more options on the website when setting up these recordings.

18. lgb0250

lgb0250 Legend

Jan 24, 2010
    No padding allowed here either! I just got around it by setting up a manual recording. The HR34 is a little buggy but it will get worked out eventually.

19. Chuck W

Chuck W Icon

Mar 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    In this case, I'm skeptical that it's the HR34 that's the issue. I'm wondering if the Directv app needs updating to communicate properly with the HR34.

20. sequin

sequin New Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Thanks so much for posting your findings on this! I'm a new DirecTV customer (HR34 and two H25's installed last week) and had been repeatedly receiving the 3011 error when submitting future recording requests online. I went in and deleted my keyword search auto-record item (MLB + Rangers) and now the online recording requests work just fine.

I sure hope they get this fixed soon, as I'd really like to be able to use the keyword search auto-record feature.

Other than this, I'm very happy with DirecTV.