1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 Order

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by raott, Jul 23, 2012.

1. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    I just placed an order for an HR34 with professional installation. Given the number or recievers I have, I will also need a SWM 16, which I understand comes with the installation.

Should I expect to see that (the SWM) on the order screen at directv.com? I do not see it at this point.

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    You won't see specifics on your copy but the installer will.

3. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    Great, thanks.

4. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    When the installer calls you to verify your appointment I would recommend reminding him that he is going to need a SWM16. I've seen many stories on here of installers showing up without a SWM16 and having to drive back to their base/meet another installer and come back later with one.

5. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    I will be sure to verify when he calls.

Another question, my current setup is a SWM 5 lnb. A single wire goes from the dish to a green label splitter (4 wires are coming down from the dish but only one is hooked into the splitter, the others are just sitting there).

Will they have to replace my LNB as well?

6. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Yes, the SWM16 requires a regular LNB with 4 wires connected between them. They may be able to use the existing wires if there isn't too much weather damage to them.

7. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    Good to know. I'll make sure the installer is aware of that as well.

Thanks.

8. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    Install was today. 8-noon window. Tech came about 9:15.

He knew he had to replace the LNB and add a SWM16 multi-switch. Install was fairly quick and painless with no issues. Tech seemed to be pretty informed, knew about RVU and Samsung.

Overall, have had good experience with techs in my area on my couple of installs.