1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 owners: A quick question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by satman48, Aug 1, 2012.

1. satman48

satman48 New Member

Dec 19, 2007
    When you are watching the HR34 from another room do you experience a slowdown when skipping through commercials like I do when I view from another HR unit in another room?

Been wondering if it's worth the trouble to consolidate the 4 DVR's I have into the HR34 or am I better off as it stands as I wouldn't have every show thats been recorded on just one device.

2. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    It's going to depend on your setup and preferences. However you have more versatlity with 4 HD DVR's than you do with a HR34 and if something goes wrong you risk less. Trickplay over WHDVR is inherintly slower than locally regardless of receiver type.

3. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    Trickplay seems the same for me regardless of which DVR is the client or server. It's all just a little slower over the WH network.

If you're only concerned with trickplay speed from the HR34, then it may not be worth it for you.