1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR34 playback freezes when playing on delay from LB

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by TallShip, Jun 24, 2013.

1. TallShip

TallShip New Member

Jan 5, 2009
    About two weeks ago I started having the problem mentioned in the title. During the day I may turn on the TV and find the HR34 is tuned to CNN. So maybe I back it up a bit to see the news at the top of the hour. I have been doing this for years. A couple of weeks ago the HR34 began to spontaneously stop playback, as if I had hit pause. However, hitting play on the remote does not get it going again - I have to fast forward briefly, then hit play, and then maybe everything works for another 10-15 minutes before freezing up again. I restarted the receiver, but this problem did not go away.

Probably this has nothing to do with CNN, but I have not yet noticed this occurring on other channels, but it is less frequent that I am playing other channels on delay.. I am not aware of this happening on any of our HR24s.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. bflora

bflora Legend

Nov 5, 2007
    I have found similar problems when going back in time on a live broadcast and recently those symptoms have occurred when watching recordings especially if the recording had pixelation as ESPN had this weekend and American Pickers from History Channel recorded last week.

3. mabellboi

mabellboi Mentor

Sep 16, 2007
    I too am now seeing this problem. I thought it may have been the hd being to full (at 54% free) so I erased damn near everything and it STILL is freezing. I notice it is happening on just about ANY recording, from ANY channel! The really weird thing is, the H23 I have in my bedroom does NOT freeze when I'm watching a recording from the hr34. It's really driving me nuts!