1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR34 replaced with HR44

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by topgun80, Nov 1, 2013.

1. topgun80

topgun80 AllStar

Oct 6, 2008
    Just got my screwed up HR34 replaced with an HR44. All I can sat is WOW, what a difference.You guys claiming that there isn't that much difference, well I'm not trying to start another argument, but you are just wrong.

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I think it can be very subjective. I have users here that complain when it takes 30 seconds for their computer to boot up from cold "It's slow, it needs to be FAST", others that are amazed at the speed, the same times.

It also is a function of what you do. Things like scrolling through the guide is very noticable, but not an insignificant number of people probably rarely even goes into it, let alone scrolls through.

3. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Yeah, it all depends on what you are doing. Some things are much faster and other things are only just a bit faster. I did a speed comparison for the HR44-500 first look between an HR34 and an HR44-500 and some things were a LOT faster while others weren't that much faster.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Of course you also said you just got your screwed up HR34 replaced....what was screwed up with it? If it was the HDD, it would be slower than a 44, and probably much slower....you cant compare a screwed up device to a working device performance wise.

1 person likes this.
  5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    +1

6. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Well, you won't, nor will most others.... but a small handful of guys do just that, with glee! Ad nauseum! Small handful? About three, I reckon.

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Good point since on a DVR even the guide data is on the hard drive.

8. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    Yea I was thinking the same thing.