1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 will not play any recordings

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by employee3, Aug 19, 2012.

1. employee3

employee3 Legend

Aug 15, 2006
    I have an HR34 that I've had for a couple of months. Just today trying to play any records (local or remote) results in the HDMI not passing any signal. If I stop the "playback" all is well I can see live tv just fine.

Things I tried:

1. Restart receiver through the menu
    2. Red button restart
    3. Power cycle everything
    4. Change resolution 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i all result in "No Video Signal" on my TV.

Any ideas?

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Have you tried another HDMI cable? Not saying that's your fix for sure but at least it's something to eliminate.

3. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Is the HR34 connected to an audio receiver? There may be a HDCP issue too. Connecting the HR34 directly to the TV is also a good test, if its not done that way already.

Also look at the audio output setting in the DVR. Try switching between PCM and DD in case that's messing things up.

And last but not least..if nothing else works post back your complete system setup and if you can swap the HR34 with another HR or TV with another TV to run more tests.

4. employee3

employee3 Legend

Aug 15, 2006
    Magically, this morning it works fine.

BTW, tried swapping the HDMI cable. It was connected directly to the TV - literally nothing changed but some bug in the HR.

5. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    If you have a secondary connection from the DVR to the TV, disconnect it.
    The HDMI is all that's needed.