1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR34 With AM21 Off Air Tuner Sound Isue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by RELLENBOGEN, May 31, 2013.

1. RELLENBOGEN

RELLENBOGEN New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    I have an HR-34 along with an AM21 tuner to pull in my locals from an off-air antenna. After about 30-40 minutes I lose the audio on 2 of the off-air locals. In Ft. Lauderdale it's 6-1 and 7-1. It starts out choppy. than gone entirely. This only happens on these 2 stations and has been this way for quite a while. I have the unit hooked up via HDMI to my Sony Bravia. I tried a different HDMI cable without success. Just seems odd that it only affects 2 channels. Anybody else haved this or any other suggestions? Thanks.

2. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Does it come back if you press pause and then play again? Or if you press the replay button?

3. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I had this too and was using a Bravia but sent the audio to my AVR, so it isn't the Bravia.

The Dolby seems to lose sync until it drops out completely.

This was with "live TV" and a channel change was the only way to get it back in sync.

I removed the AM21 from the Genie a while back because of this and that the same locals [all but one] came over the SAT in HD.

You might try turning Dolby off to see if it make a difference.

Scott:
    In my case replay/trickplay had no effect.
    It "really sucked" if I was in the buffer as I couldn't find a way to get the sound back [though I didn't try toggling the Dolby] without a channel change.

4. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    The reason I asked about the trickplay is my VIZIO TV will all of the sudden get garbled and then the audio will quit all together, trickplay will always bring it back. I've tried different receiver(s), HDMI cable & input, & different RG6, all lead to the HDMI ports on the tv. :(

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    My Vizio had a client and trickplay was good to get missing audio back, but with the AM21+Genie, it never worked.

6. rpiotro

rpiotro Mentor

Apr 29, 2008
    I have been experiencing the same problem for quite some time now. I see there is no solution other than to turn off DD. That is not a solution.

The reason that I am bumping this post is that I just installed a new AVR (Pioneer Elite) with the same result as my Integra. I thought it might be an issue with the receiver but no.