1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR34 Would Not Come On

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dnelms, Apr 25, 2013.

1. dnelms

dnelms Legend

Nov 20, 2006
    My wife tried to turn the HR34 (only had a couple of months) on this morning and it would not do anything. I uplugged it, waited and then plugged it back in. Started up fine. My wife mentioned that she had a hard time getting it to turn off last night. Is this a known issue, sign of somnething going bad or just one of those glitches that computer based hardware gets every now and then?

2. Brubear

Brubear Legend

Nov 13, 2008
    I'd say just a glitch. I've not seen any Hr34s go DOA yet unless a significant power surge was involved. If it's in a power strip, take it out and plug it directly into the wall however.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Installing these beasts everyday, I have had my fair share of HR34 come DOA. But I agree, this is a probably a glitch.