1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR44-200 whole home issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by drjjr, Aug 20, 2013.

1. drjjr

drjjr AllStar

Jan 31, 2007
    I recently replaced two HD DVRs with a Genie and a client. I kept my old HR20-700 DVR.
    Here is my setup:
    HR44/200 Genie
    C41/500 client
    HR20-700
    After install, the whole home that I have had for years was unauthorized and on the DirecTV website my account was listed as "not eligible" for whole home. After two phone calls with escalations, they seem to have finally figured out how to re-authorize the whole home but I am observing some unusual behavior. The C41 client can see the shows on the HR20. The HR20 can see the shows on the HR44. But the HR44 cannot see the shows on the HR20.
    Whole home status on the HR44 shows Authorized and lists the HR20 as a DVR that it has access to. The HR44 is connected to the internet and the network.

Any ideas what would cause this to be happening?

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Was your whole-home service before set up with DECA and SWM, or was it ethernet connection to each DVR? When you upgraded to Genie, it had to be upgraded to SWM, and the installer should have set you up properly on all of the units (including the HR20), which is the supported mode of whole-home.

You should not have ethernet going to anything except the HR44, so if you still have ethernet to the HR20, it should be removed. Which model of HR20 (-100, -500, etc.) do you have?

Double check the whole home setting on all of the units, make sure sharing is on, and make sure the HR44 list configuration is set to all and not local unit (LIST - Options - Filter by playlist).

1 person likes this.
  3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I would do a menu reset on all receivers. see if it helps

4. drjjr

drjjr AllStar

Jan 31, 2007
    Filter by playlist was it! Never had to use that option before...maybe it defaults differently on the HR44 than it did on the HR20 and on the C41?
    At any rate, that seems to have solved it. Thank you carl6!

5. hobbes

hobbes Godfather

Oct 11, 2006
    Exact same problem, exact same solution!

You folks rock!