1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR44-500/700 Genie, 0x0696 - Issues/Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Scott Kocourek, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 13, 2009
    This is the official Issues and Discussion thread for HR44-500/700 Genie, version 0x0696

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=213660

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

2. AppAlum2003

AppAlum2003 AllStar

Sep 14, 2006
    Weird issue after first boot of C41's. The LIST button was performing a MENU function. A few minutes later, the box did its own software update and the issue went away.

No major bugs to report at this time.

3. vapor21

vapor21 Cool Member

Sep 1, 2012
    I've noticed that too. When the 41s are first install they are all buggy but as soon as they download the update from the 44 they work fine.

4. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    HR44-500 installed today. Problem connecting to my wireless network with secured access. All other devices connect with no problem -- as did the wireless CCK used previously for Whole Home (installer disconnected and took it).

I use a secured access list to allow devices to connect to my wireless router. Usually, when I add a device and its MAC address to the list, the device connects automatically. Unfortunately, however, the HR44 connects to my router ONLY when this access list is disabled. If secure access is enabled, the HR44 disconnects from the router.

Also, there seemed to be two (2) MAC addresses -- an initial one, and one that showed up after I was able to connect to my router. However, neither of these worked when I enabled secure access.

I was told that engineers are on the fast track for resolving HR44 bugs and releasing software updates.

Note: This problem occurs only if you are using a secure access list with your wireless router.

5. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    RC71 won't turn TV off. Two installers tried to program the remote, but all attempts failed. I just tried programming in both IR and RF mode, following the on-screen directions. Yes, I pressed the Enter key when instructed to. Neither methods worked. The remote only operates the HR44. It will not turn the TV on or off.:(

6. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    Go to your make (Sony, VIZIO) and try the option that says "I do not know the model of my tv" that may get you rolling with the on/off.

7. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    Scott: There are absolutely no such options available. There simply are two sets of instruction - one for RF and one for IR.

8. Jacob Braun

Jacob Braun King of Awesome

Oct 5, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    On some TVs the HR34 (and I would assume the HR44) are attempting to auto-detect the TV type...my HR34 will just say "Programming for your SAMSUNG TV" with no brand or model select given.
    I want to say the RC71 will use the RC65 remote codes too for manually programming but I can't recall how to program them in. [I can't even recall if that is correct as there is limited info available on those and all I've found are RC70s, for some reason I haven't seen any RC71s]

9. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    My HR44 doesn't even say that. It just provides one code to enter. You can't even try any other codes. No option to do anything manually.

10. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    Do the RF setup first, then the tv setup, when in the tv setup select the brand and then choose I don't know.

Try and stand 3' - 4' from the receiver when doing the remote programming, too close and you may not be able to program.

11. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    If you're referring to Display setup, there's no option to select a TV brand.

12. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    You need to go to menu - settings - remote control - IR/RF set up. Set it up in RF. Then go back and choose program remote. It should ask you if you want to program the TV or an A/V.

13. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    I got it to work! We were all using the wrong Channel Up button. This button on the RC71 is different from what it is on the RC65. On the RC 71, it's a little "rocker" button just to the left of the Prev button and to the right of the Vol "rocker" button. The channel up and down buttons are NOT the arrow buttons.

14. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    Its hard to troubleshoot that. ;)

15. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    HR44 is now connected to my secured wireless network. This morning I added the second MAC address to my secure-access list and then enabled the feature. I don't if adding the second MAC address had anything to do with it -- or if somehow, miraculously, it just took a while for the HR44 to connect itself to the secure network -- but it now works. Other DVRs in the chain also connected.:):)

16. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    Lost my shared Playlist. Had to do a Reset. Notified tech support.

17. Datagg

Datagg Legend

May 17, 2009
    Mesa, AZ
    What a life changer it would be If I had a dime every time I heard that.... :lol:

18. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    New problem: DoD PPV hasn't populated with "watch now" movies. I filed a report, but who knows what'll happen....

19. mark p

mark p New Member

Mar 27, 2013
    I have installed a half dozen hr44's in the last 2 days. I have a list of IR codes for the remote and I programmed the remote to my HR24 at my house. I am wondering if there is a way to do a code search (IR) on the new Genie remote? It would save a lot of time on installs not having to wait for the c-41 (clients) to download before I can get the code

Anyone have any ideas

20. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    The new RC71 remote requires being in RF mode before you can setup remote codes for TV's and AVR's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.