1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR44-500 DoD issues

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by xmguy, Aug 26, 2014.

1. xmguy

xmguy New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    I'm having issues getting any DirecTV on Demand to either download or stream/watch now. I've tried using the unit direct in WiFi and Ethernet, as well as CCK DECA. In Direct (WiFi and Ethernet) the HR44 passed the Internet to other receivers and showed Internet connected. Never the less the HR44 would never allow a download to complete. It might start and get mid way and fail and restart or never download. My MoCA connected HR24 downloads DoD just fine. Other Internet functions work fine on the HR44. Ideas anyone? Short of a factory reset I'm a bit at a loss.

2. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Did you start with the basics.

Run a system test?
    Do a double reset to clear the guide?
    Or run CLEARMYBOX?

3. Tom M

Tom M Legend

Jan 3, 2007
    It's not much help but I've got the same problem where some shows just go into a download loop. They get mostly downloaded and then go back to a pending download state. I've never been able to resolve this and others have reported similar problems. Since this has happened on both an HR20 and my new genie it doesn't seem to be a box problem. I know I'd love to get a solution to this as its been going on for a long time.