1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HR44 and C31

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dsexton, Feb 24, 2014.

1. dsexton

dsexton Mentor

May 2, 2007
    I have an HR44 which was provided to replace an HR34 that was acting up. One of my TVs has a C31 client which periodically freezes during fast forwarding. It seems to happen most often when fast forwarding at X2 speed, but I have also seen it occasionally at other speeds. I have had no problems with the set attached to the HR44. For other reasons, both the HR44 and C31 have been reset since the HR44 was replaced, so that does not seem to fix the problem. Before I call DTV and maybe ask for a C41 to replace the C31, I wanted to see if others are having this problem, and if those of you with HR44 and C41 are not seeing the problem. I also have an HR20, an HR22, and two H25s, but I have had that setup all along so I don't think they have anything to do with the HR44 and C31 issue.

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Try searching the forums for "freeze forward".

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that you have a C31. a C41 might fix ht issue only if the C31 was defective, which another C31 will do as well