DBSTalk Forum banner

HR44 and C41 clients now have a launch date

19K views 107 replies 41 participants last post by  goinsleeper 
#1 ·
So the HR44 and C41 clients are now set to launch on February 7, shocker...

Anyways, not sure how much of the country will be able to get one around that date but at least it's official.

#6 ·
I've got several friends that work for the company in different states. They were all given the same information today. This thread can be locked if a moderator would like to. But the information is correct.

#8 ·
goinsleeper said:
I've got several friends that work for the company in different states. They were all given the same information today. This thread can be locked if a moderator would like to. But the information is correct.
What company? Pace or DirecTV?

IMHO, you may have valid inside sources, but that doesn't mean "it's official".

#14 ·
pdxBeav said:
Are there any problems if someone wanted to pay for it themselves from a place like Solid Signal and then just send back the HR34 to DirecTV?
I thought you meant having an HR34 & 44 at the same time, sorry.

You would probably not be able to specifically ask DIRECTV for the 44 but I do think you could order a 44 from Solid Signal and then return the 34. At some point you may be able to get the 44 from Solid Signal and keep the 34 connected too but you would probably have to upgrade your switch to do that.

#15 ·
Scott Kocourek said:
I thought you meant having an HR34 & 44 at the same time, sorry.

You would probably not be able to specifically ask DIRECTV for the 44 but I do think you could order a 44 from Solid Signal and then return the 34. At some point you may be able to get the 44 from Solid Signal and keep the 34 connected too but you would probably have to upgrade your switch to do that.
I wasn't the one who asked the original question. I was just piggybacking on this thread with that question. I just had a Genie setup installed and I might be willing to pay for an upgrade myself in about a year if there's a big performance boost by having the HR44.

#19 ·
goinsleeper said:
that is the information I was given.

#23 ·
The problem is that it does not work that way. The only way you'll know a 44 is definitely on the way is to order it yourself.

I think Solid Signal has worked with other installers in the past, where they send you the equipment and set up with a local installer to do the install. However they had to charge full price to ship, then refund it once activated.

#24 ·
dpeters11 said:
The problem is that it does not work that way. The only way you'll know a 44 is definitely on the way is to order it yourself.

I think Solid Signal has worked with other installers in the past, where they send you the equipment and set up with a local installer to do the install. However they had to charge full price to ship, then refund it once activated.
Right. So I would basically have to cancel my order with DirecTV on the 7th if it does come out on SS web site, then order from them, pay for it, then have it refunded after activation? Would I get the same deal for the service that D* has me setup with now? Or am I confusing it all together? I mean D* gave me the whole Genie deal free, etc...so I don't think I want to lose those discounts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.