1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR44 - Bluetooth capability

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by BrettRyan, Sep 7, 2013.

1. BrettRyan

BrettRyan New Member

Sep 7, 2013
    I have a question on whether the newer directv systems support bluetooth? I was told the genie remote was set up via bluetooth by the technician, but I fairly certain that isn't true - I thought they were RF/IR remote compatible only.

It would be great to be able to use bt headphones...

Thanks!

2. FHSPSU67

FHSPSU67 CE'er & Retired Engineer DBSTalk Club

Jan 12, 2007
    Windber, PA
    RF (only with the new RC71 remote) or IR, but no bluetooth.

3. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    There is no audio control on any of the DirecTV receivers, so bluetooth headphones will need to be done at the TV or AV receiver. RF has a greater range than BT

4. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    A little confusing considering that technically BT operates over RF as well, but is a short range protocol in comparison to the longer range RF protocols or schemes such as the proprietary RF protocol of the older DIRECTV remotes, the RF4CE one of the RC71, WiFi, wireless headphones schemes, etc.

5. JosephB

JosephB Icon

Nov 14, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    There is bluetooth in the receivers, even if you can't really do anything with it. When pairing a mouse and keyboard with my computer, I get a DTVReceiver "video device" listed. I've never tried to pair with it, though, and as it's not advertised I doubt it actually does anything.