1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR44 freezing on recorded program

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by brewsbro, Jun 13, 2013.

1. brewsbro

brewsbro New Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Hi, Back with directv after 3 years and I am having a HR44 HD-DVR freezing issue. I have looked around but can't really see a answer. While watching a certain recorded program the DVR freezes and I have to reboot the DVR. It so far has only happened on one show. We have watch another recorded show just fine. We have tried the same show 3 times and same issue 3 times. One thing I noticed is there was a firmware update to 0x6db today about 1am. Thats probably nothing.

other things I have checked:
    system test: only 1 error, no phone line.
    BIST (I think its called this) 8 internal hard drive tests, all passed-green
    File verification test came back N/A, normal?
    All tests in diagnostics seemed ok.

Just hoping this does not become a problem. I will be working coming up and don't want the wife stuck.

any input would be great.

thanks, jerry

2. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    If it freezes on one show and only that show, its a recording glitch. Try a few more recordings. If good, then no worries.

3. brewsbro

brewsbro New Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks, we will watch it

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Was that recording of an SD channel ? I read this about a year ago that it would sometimes happen. The poster did switch to the HD channel version and record the show with no problems.

5. brewsbro

brewsbro New Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks, it was HD. I think I may have read the same info while searching. My wife is doing her normal marathon of watching her recorded stuff today while I'm at work. I will post how it goes.